Subject: Stretchers

Stretchers

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Saturday, July 24, 1999
This is in reply to Sara Melching's request for information on a
support system for a large painting.  We have used honeycomb paper
panels for years for large wallpaper and some unique modern
paintings and works on paper.  We have investigated other systems of
honeycomb design using aluminum (Hexcel was one provider) Teklam in
Corona, CA. was another.  At the lab tour at the St. Louis Art
Museum, however, I was shown panels produced by a local company as a
custom product which were much superior.  Perhaps you might want to
speak to the people in the Paintings Lab there, they were using the
panels in the example shown me for wallpapers.

Niccolo Caldararo

                   Distributed: Monday, July 26, 1999