Subject: Questionnaire for technical services providers

Questionnaire for technical services providers

From: Rick Block <rjb57>
Date: Monday, July 19, 1999
    author.

The questionnaire below has been developed to gather information for
a directory of commercial technical services providers. This
directory is a project of the ALA/ALCTS Commercial Technical
Services Committee and the ALA/ALCTS Publisher-Vendor/Library
Relations Committee.

The aim of this directory is to provide one place where librarians
can obtain information on commercial technical services providers.
The directory resulting from the questionnaire will be made
available through ALCTS's web site. The ongoing work of the
committees will keep the directory up-to-date with current
information.

I invite commercial technical services providers to join us we begin
this exciting new project by completing the attached questionnaire.

Vendors should return the completed questionnaire via e-mail to me
(blockr [at] columbia__edu) by September 1, 1999. Thank you in advance for
your contribution to this directory.

Company Name:
Address:
Telephone:
FAX:
Contact for customer inquiries:
    Name:
    Title:
    Telephone:
    E-mail:
URL for home page (we will provide a hot link in the directory):

Brief description of services provided (e.g. authority control,
cataloging (PromptCat vs. non-PromptCat), specialties by format,
specialties by language), physical processing, retrospective
conversion, data imaging, etc.):

Date information submitted:

Rick J. Block
Head, Original and Special Materials Cataloging
Columbia University
102A Butler Library
535 W. 114th St., MC 1111
New York, NY 10027