Subject: Alkaline reserve

Alkaline reserve

From: Stephen Todd <stephen.todd>
Date: Friday, July 16, 1999
I am posting this query in my capacity as organiser of the UK's
1998/9 Symposium on Mountboard [USA Matboard] standards.

The context: We are discussing mountboard used in the storage and
display of art on paper. Both cotton and purified wood pulp furnish.
We are aware of the implications of buffering and photographs. We
are not discussing papers used to make documents, newspapers or
books etc. We are not discussing buffer solutions used by
conservators working with materials that may be acidic.

The question: Please give your definition of the difference between
"alkaline reserve" and "alkaline (of course) buffer"

Stephen Todd
Moderator Frameconnews

                  Distributed: Thursday, July 22, 1999