Subject: Disaster plans

Disaster plans

From: Sarah-Jane Rennie <rennie>
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 1999
We are currently writing a guide for developing disaster
preparedness plans for small mostly volunteer run museums in
Australia.  The guide is intended to assist people without previous
experience in Disaster Preparedness Planning to produce a plan for
their museum.  Initially we were avoiding the use of templates as we
felt this is would be less interactive.  However, discussions with
conservators and others involved with similar projects has led to a
rethinking of this approach.

Have people had any experience of either guides or templates used to
create Disaster Preparedness plans, particularly with small museums?
What were the pros and cons of the system you used?  What would you
do differently?

Kay Soderlund <p.steinberg [at] unsw__edu__au>
Sarah-Jane Rennie

                  Distributed: Tuesday, July 13, 1999