Subject: Boxmaking

Boxmaking

From: Douglas Stoutenburg <info>
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 1999
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender

We've developed and applied for a patent on a new Corrugated
Packaging System based on a Universal Boxmaking Pattern(tm)--see
<URL:http://www.boxstar.com/>--that allows anybody shipping an
odd-shaped or delicate object to make a shipping box, corner
protector, etc. in the exact size needed at amy workplace with a
razor knife a marking pencil and a tape dispenser--no other tools
are needed--not even a tape measure.

The problem we're having, and that we hope you can help us with, is
we think museums and conservationists will have a lot of use for
this item but we're not sure how to set up our distribution system.
This product can be used to make storage containers, book shippers,
corner and edge protectors for picture frames, custom sizes binder
for rare books, etc. This is very important when shipping or storing
delicate objects. Making custom sized shipping or storage lessens
the chance that any damage will be done to the merchandise.

Unfortunately, the product is only available in Southern California
right now. The cost is very low and to ship elsewhere would cost
more than the product itself. Therefore, we are looking for
distributors everywhere who may be interested in taking shipment
from various corrugated sheet manufacturers around the country and
selling the product themselves various geographic areas.

Can you or any of your colleagues give us the name of someone who
may be interested in handling this product in your area? They can
see more information by visiting http://www.boxstar.com. We will
greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

We would also appreciate it if you would direct us to  any reference
source(s) regarding the suitability of corrugated kraft cardboard
for Archival purposes

Douglas Stoutenburg
BoxStar
1227 De La Vina St.