Subject: Methyl methacrylate

Methyl methacrylate

From: Olaf Pung <olaf_pung>
Date: Monday, July 12, 1999
As a student of stone conservation, I'm working on a thesis on
adhesives for stone sculptures. Usually, cross linking adhesives
like epoxies are used for this purpose. Because every treatment of a
work of art should be reversible, I'm searching for a cold curing
MMA-based adhesive which is still soluble in organic solvents like
acetone after curing. Up till now, I only found one resin with those
properties (Technovit 5071, Heraeus Kulzer). Can anybody name other
products?

Olaf Pung

                   Distributed: Monday, July 12, 1999