Subject: Steamers

Steamers

From: Shelley Jamieson <shelley.jamieson>
Date: Tuesday, July 6, 1999
We are considering purchasing a new steamer for our conservation
lab. At present we have a commercial steamer which produces a broad
area of steam, and a steam pencil which produces a finer weak jet of
steam. We are after a piece of equipment that produces a very fine
jet of steam with adjustable strength, heat and moisture.

I would be interested in any recommendations or comments regarding
the performance of steamers.

Shelley Jamieson
Paper Conservator
National Library of New Zealand