Subject: Disaster recovery of architectural drawings and prints

Disaster recovery of architectural drawings and prints

From: Lois Price <lprice>
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 1999
I am conducting research in the disaster recovery of architectural
drawings and prints in preparation for publication.  I am interested
in hearing from anyone who has experienced a disaster involving
these materials and their observations.  What kinds of damage were
observed for various papers, media and blueprinting processes?
What was the pH, etc. of the water that caused the damage.  During
the recovery, what worked and what didn't?  If material was freeze
dried, what were the drying conditions and how successful was the
procedure for different types of material? How was the material
packed?

You may answer on the consdist list, or if the information is in
any way confidential, call or e-mail me directly.

Lois Olcott Price
Conservator of Library Collections

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 30, 1999