Subject: Graffiti

Graffiti

From: Lisa Mibach <mibach>
Date: Sunday, June 20, 1999
In the course of sorting through my files I realize that my
information on commercial products for limestone, concrete, and
sandstone is out of date.  I particularly miss one whose name has
always fascinated me: "Graffiti Gobbler" (I never had to opportunity
to pursue or try it).

I would appreciate hearing from DistListers who have experience and
opinions (positive *and* negative) about products for the removal of
spray paint and "magic marker" from these materials.  I would like
to classify these by the solvent and poulticing components, so I
would appreciate any knowledge or educated guesses of what these
are. Please give specific product names and supplier's addresses if
possible.

I will summarize the responses (anonymously, unless you specify
otherwise) and post them in the Conservation OnLine with notice
here. Thanks,

Lisa Mibach

                   Distributed: Monday, June 21, 1999