Subject: Air purification systems

Air purification systems

From: Helena Jaeschke <mrshjaeschke>
Date: Sunday, June 6, 1999
Alicia Cosgrove <akcosgro [at] email__uncc__edu> writes

>We are getting ready to move into a newly refurbished building. We
>have several people in our department who are sensitive to airborne
>chemicals, so we are concerned about the off-gassing from new
>furnishings and carpets. Can anyone recommend a good air purifier
>that might help protect our employees?

Alicia Cosgrove asked about dealing with offgassing in a newly
refurbished building. Don't forget that several common houseplants
can help by absorbing pollutants. For example, the spider plant is
extremely good at absorbing formaldehyde. Hope this helps,

Helena Jaeschke
Archaeological conservator

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 16, 1999