Subject: Permanence of images

Permanence of images

From: Wolfgang Hesse <rundbrief>
Date: Friday, June 4, 1999
Maria Esteva <patrimon [at] fundantorchas__retina__ar> writes

>For a show we need to exhibit an important number of photographs Our
>budget is limited and since it will be a permanent exhibit (10
>years) we  will use black and white reproductions in different
>formats, from standard ones to very big blowups. It is cheaper to
>scan the image and blow it up with the plotter. The problem is that
>some companies only guarantee 2 or 3 years of colour stability

In 1996 Sebastian Dobrusskin <sebastian.dobrusskin [at] span__ch>
organized a symposium in Berne, Switzerland, devoted to questions of
conservation of digital and conventional photographic pictures. Rita
Hofmann (Ilford, Fribourg) and Dieter Becker and Klaus Kasper (Felix
Schoeller, Boulder, CO) held lectures on on Digital Prints (in
English). The lectures have been published by "Rundbrief Fotografie"
No. 12 (Hofmann in German, Becker/Kasper in English) (generally look
at: <URL:http://www.foto.unibas.ch/~rundbrief/>, and order at:
<w.jaworek [at] fototext__s__shuttle__de>. During his studies at GEH in
Rochester, Martin Juergens <mcj1933 [at] aol__com> did some research work
on ink jet, too.

Wolfgang Hesse
Rundbrief Fotografie

                   Distributed: Friday, June 4, 1999