Subject: Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

From: Craig Deller <craig>
Date: Friday, May 21, 1999
Dave Harvey had written in instance 12:89 regarding accreditation.
In his post he wrote:

   "That was thirty years ago and now environmentalism is taught to
    school children. The public now has an such an understanding of
    responsible stewardship that recycling is commonplace. I think
    that it would make great good sense for the AIC and UKIC to form
    a relationship with popular shows such as "Antiques Roadshow".
    Perhaps featuring local conservators and basic conservation
    information could be a regular two minute feature of every show.
    That would do more to educate the public as to the importance of
    the profession than any set of initials one could add to the end
    of a name on a business card."

I would like to say that I have, indeed, been negotiating with the
producers of the Antiques Roadshow over the past few weeks. We have
envisioned a pilot show in which we would discuss conservation
concepts, AIC as an organization, maybe the Code of Ethics, and
then, if they think it went well, could be a regular part of the
show.  We are still in discussions, but they are enthusiastic. They
have the final word on what the script will be, but I have given
them the direction we would like to go.

If in fact we are successful, I will post it here.

Craig Deller
Director of Communications
AIC

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 25, 1999