Subject: Databases and thesauri

Databases and thesauri

From: Anne Lisbeth Schmidt <anne.lisbeth.schmidt>
Date: Friday, May 14, 1999
At the National Museum Denmark's department of Conservation we are
working on the design and implementation of a data-based
registration system for recording conservation treatments and
condition reports. In connection with this we are very interested in
establishing contact with colleagues. We are especially interested
in information about the principles for the construction of the
database and to learn whether thesauri are used in the database, for
instance for conservation materials, conservation methods and
condition of the object.

Anne Lisbeth Schmidt
Conservator
National Museum of Denmark