Subject: Yellow colorants in modern art

Yellow colorants in modern art

From: Sabine Wolters <wolters>
Date: Thursday, May 13, 1999
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

I am writing my dissertation on the Color Yellow in Modern Art (19th
and 20th century). Tom Seligman (Cantor Arts Center) suggested I get
in touch with you and ask for information about the history of
yellow pigments, its use and conservation.

    Did Cadmium Yellow have a special influence on Modern Art?
    What role does sulphur play?
    When were Naples yellows invented?

Sabine Wolters
Stanford Presidential Lectures and Symposia
In the Humanities and Arts
Building 260, Pigott Hall
Stanford, CA 94305-2005
650-723-7532