Subject: Fire and archaeological sites

Fire and archaeological sites

From: Kathy Hall <kathyh>
Date: Thursday, May 13, 1999
The following appeared on AEGEANET and is reproduced here without
the knowledge or consent of the author

    **** Moderator's comments: Please respond directly to
    <rosso [at] ath__forthnet__gr> and if of general interest post it here
    as well

    Date: 11 May 1999
    From: "George Kefalopoulos" <rosso [at] ath__forthnet__gr>
    To: <aegeanet [at] acpub__duke__edu>
    Subject: Consequences of fires in archeological sites?

    I wonder if you could suggest me some articles or bibliography
    about the consequences of fires in archeological sites and
    monuments.  Does anyone know if any kind of research has taken
    place in Greece about the long-term consequences and what kinds
    of measures have been taken to prevent them.

    Thank you in advance
    Kefalopoulos George

Kathy Hall
Institute of Nautical Archaeology