Subject: Gatorblanks

Gatorblanks

From: Anne Lane <alane>
Date: Thursday, May 6, 1999
We are going to use a Gator product called Gatorblanks for
pin-couching some quilts to hang for an exhibition.  This is
basically Gatorboard without the outer coating--just the foam.  What
I am concerned about is that we will have quite a lot of this
material left after the show, and I would like to know if it would
be safe to use in the construction of long-term storage mounts and
containers, or do I have to turn it all over to the exhibits
department?

I have been using ethafoam planks for everything, but it is quite
expensive and could in some cases be replaced by the Gatorblank
material.  If anyone is familiar with this material and whether it
offgasses something dreadful, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Anne T. Lane
Curatorial Assistant
Museum of York County
4621 Mount Gallant Road