Subject: Accreditation

Accreditation

From: Kent Severson <kjpsever>
Date: Saturday, May 8, 1999
Regarding the certification issue, we should all remember the last
time AIC approached the problem.  As I recall, the major stumbling
block was not the definition of what conservation training entails
or what kind of parity there is (or should be) between formally
trained conservators and those who trained by apprenticeship, but
rather the difficulties in defining the minimum body of knowledge
needed to be called a conservator.  I am writing from the field and
do not have reference material at hand.  Perhaps Barbara Appelbaum
could refresh our memories.

Kent Severson
Catalhoyuk
Konya, Turkey