Subject: Pest management

Pest management

From: Arnaud Queyrel <ant.ent>
Date: Tuesday, May 4, 1999
Enrico Flaiani <efl [at] iol__it> writes

>I am a book conservator in an archive in Rome. Because of the
>evidence of insects among our books a disinfestation was asked.

After few messages on the list as answering to this question, I
wonder if anybody knows about pest monitoring and targeting
techniques including the search of the causes which make the
outbreak--if any--what you don't even know. Regrettably, it seems
that such efficient, low cost and above all not noxious techniques
using noticeably, for insects, lures and trapping devices are still
of very few concern.  I think that people who care about prevention,
safe management of pests and good sanitation in museum should teach
more often about that.

Arnaud Queyrel
BIO VIGILANCE, bureau d'etudes biologiques et environnementales
ing. Arnaud Queyrel, research scientist
27, rue des Conferences
24100 Bergerac
+33-5-53 24-25-39