Subject: Genealogies

Genealogies

From: Rebecca A. Rushfield <wittert>
Date: Friday, April 30, 1999
In an attempt to trace influences in conservation in the U.S., I am
drawing up genealogies for the various specialties (e.g.: paintings,
paper). If I am successful in my efforts, I will present this
material in a paper or poster at a conference. I am willing to share
the information with anyone who has a need for it.(I am also willing
to share information I have been collecting for the past 15 years on
conservation conferences and museum exhibitions on conservation.)

>From conservators who trained/apprenticed/ interned in the U.S. (and
who work here or abroad) or who trained/apprenticed/interned abroad
but now work in the U.S., I would appreciate receiving the names of
your primary teachers/mentors and information about those
conservators' primary teachers/mentors.

    **** Moderator's comments: See Tom Conroy's Teaching Genealogy
    <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/
    byorg/abbey/an/an14/an14-1/an14-111.html>

        (there is of course, no newline in the above URL)

    and see also his work in a similar vein published in the Guild
    of Book Workers Journal (See
    <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/> for info on the
    Journal

    And of course, the Archives of American Art has some transcribed
    oral histories of American conservators, restorers, etc., which
    should be of use.

Rebecca Rushfield
66-10-149th Street,#4C
Flushing,N.Y.,11367