Subject: Funori

Funori

From: Christine Smith <capi>
Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999
Several readers have asked where I purchased the funori on which I
based my recent comments. It comes from a Kyoto art supply store
which sells very high quality materials.  Although I was able to
communicate in Japanese, I'm sure the owner could understand a
clearly written letter in English: I know the shop sells to Western
artists. Perhaps you could request a combined bill for the funori
and shipping:

    Saiundo Fujimoto
    Anekoji Fuyacho Higashi
    Nakagyo-ku
    Kyoto
    Japan

I bought two packages of the unit in which the funori is sold, for
about $40US (without postage).  It will probably last me 5-10 years.

Alternatively, you can purchase funori from

    Hiromi Paper International,
    2525 Michigan Ave.  #G-9
    Santa Monica CA 90404
    USA.
    310-998-0098

Because I already have what I need, I haven't had the opportunity to
try theirs.

If you try funori, I'd love to know your thoughts.

Christine Smith
Conservation of Art on Paper, Inc.
703-836-7757
Fax: 703-836-8878