Subject: Pest management

Pest management

From: Simona Inserra <inserras>
Date: Friday, April 23, 1999
Enrico Flaiani <efl [at] iol__it> writes

>I am a book conservator in an archive in Rome. Because of the
>evidence of insects among our books a disinfestation was asked. The
>disinfestation company proposed us to use K-othrine 25 flow
>(concentrated suspension) (C22 H19 Br2 NO3) also known as
>Deltamethrin in water solution to be used as an aerosol. I have no
>documentation about the effect of such compound on  paper and
>parchment. Do anyone know anything about it? Are there better
>compounds to be used in disinfection?

I am a conservator from Spoleto school, and I saw a demonstration
about the use of Veloxy to eliminate pests from books; I think it
isn't good for eggs (I am not sure). You can ask to Spoleto school
how to contact the people who rent it, or you can write an email to
me if you are interested. I think it's a good method for books and
operators too and you don't need to use any toxic substance. Bye,

Simona

                  Distributed: Friday, April 30, 1999