Subject: Xylamon

Xylamon

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Thursday, April 22, 1999
We have been advised by the manufacturer that Xylamon LX Hardening
(also known as Basileum) can no longer be made.

Regrettably the manufacturer has not replaced this item with an
alternative and has been unable to suggest a suitable alternative
that Xylamon users might obtain.

For those of you unfamiliar with the product Xylamon LX Hardening is
an almost colourless,solvent based synthetic resin free of active
ingredients, used to harden badly worm-eaten wood and woodwork
attacked by Anobiidae, Xestobium, Plitinus & Lyctus.

All our stocks of this popular product have now been taken and we
are anxious to hear what alternatives if any people might suggest
that would offer the same degree of protection and ease of use.

Mark G. Vine
Conservation Resources
England

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 22, 1999