Subject: Reproduction of museum objects

Reproduction of museum objects

From: Marta Barandiaran <uppbalam>
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 1999
We are currently engaged in a research project involving the
reproduction of certain parts of museum objects (gilded frames,
polychrome sculpture...) that come more than once and can be used to
reintegrate losses in the same objects. We were thinking about
different materials to make moulds and reproductions of those parts,
but we have read with great interest too some messages sent to this
list about laser scanning. Does anybody have more information about
any of this?

Marta Barandiaran
Universidad del Pais Vasco
Bilbao