Subject: Pigeon Droppings

Pigeon Droppings

From: Lori van Handel <lkvh>
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 1999
Sue Rees <sue.rees [at] dundeecity__gov__uk> writes

>Does anyone know of any recent publications/articles on Pigeon
>droppings and health hazards?
>I would like have more literature/case studies--the
scarier the better to back up my case

Sue, I have an article here which is only one page long, (but
useful) entitled:  "Maintenance:  Good Bye Guano." It is written by
Christine Ferinde and was published in the New York Landmarks
Conservancy's journal Common Bond, Volume 14, No. 1,  June 1998. If
you would like me to fax it to you, I can.  The author could
probably be contacted by through emailing the Conservancy:
<nylc [at] panix__com>. Good Luck,

Lori van Handel
Director of Preservation Outreach/Associate Conservator
Williamstown Art Conservation Center
225 South Street
Williamstown MA  01267  USA
413-458-5741