Subject: Plasma

Plasma

From: Michael Maggen <maggen>
Date: Friday, April 9, 1999
Patrick Storme <patrick.storme [at] skynet__be> writes:

> .... we would like to
>know all publications on this item and get perhaps in touch with
>persons who are familiar with plasma cleaning of metals.

You may find some information here:

    Daniels, V.D., "Plasma reduction of silver tarnish on
    daguerreotypes" Studies in Conservation 26 1981-45-49.

    Barger, Krishaswamy, Messier "The cleaning of daguerreotypes:
    Physical low temperature plasma cleaning. A new technique" In
    Preprints of the Tenth Annual Meeting, Milwaukee WI, 1992,
    American Institute for Conservation, Washington DC 1982-9-20.

    I. Turovets, M. Maggen and Lewis. "Cleaning of daguerreotypes
    with an excimer laser". Studies in Conservation, 43 1998-89-100.

Michael Maggen
Senior Paper Conservator
The Israel Museum Jerusalem
POB 71117