Subject: Plasma

Plasma

From: Katharina Schmidt-Ott <katharina.schmidt-ott>
Date: Friday, April 9, 1999
Patrick Storme <patrick.storme [at] skynet__be> writes:

> .... we would like to
>know all publications on this item and get perhaps in touch with
>persons who are familiar with plasma cleaning of metals.

We are working with low-pressure hydrogen plasma in the field of
metal conservation since 1990. We are using plasma as one of many
treatment steps in the conservation of iron artifacts but we also
have tried it on silver and tumbaga etc. In October 1996 we had
organized a symposium on the conservation of metal objects in
low-pressure hydrogen plasma. The papers of this symposium were held
in English and are published in:

    Zeitschrift fur Schweizerische Archaologie und Kunstgeschichte
    (ZAK). Band 54, 1997, Heft 1
    Verlag Karl Schwegler Zurich
    (Hagenholzstr. 71, Postfach, CH-8050 Zurich)

This might give you an overview of some different groups working
with plasma. If you need more details or would like to get in touch
with us please feel free to contact me.

Katharina Schmidt-Ott
Conservator
Department of Archaeology