Subject: Pest management

Pest management

From: Enrico Flaiani <efl>
Date: Wednesday, April 8, 1998
I am a book conservator in an archive in Rome. Because of the
evidence of insects among our books a disinfestation was asked. The
disinfestation company proposed us to use K-othrine 25 flow
(concentrated suspension) (C22 H19 Br2 NO3)also known as
Deltamethrin in water solution to be used as an aerosol. I have no
documentation about the effect of such compound on  paper and
parchment. Do anyone know anything about it? Are there better
compounds to be used in disinfection?

Enrico Flaiani
Book conservator

                  Distributed: Thursday, April 8, 1999