Subject: Call for papers--History of art conservation

Call for papers--History of art conservation

From: Rebecca A. Rushfield <wittert>
Date: Tuesday, April 6, 1999
The American Institute for Conservation sponsored session at the
88th Annual Conference of the College Art Association (to be held in
New York City, February 23-26, 2000) will be on the topic "In
Retrospect: The History of Art Conservation". The session abstract
is as follows:

    The history of art conservation is a long one with various
    schools of thought and many controversies over the years. In
    this session, we will explore why that history was not seen as
    important by practitioners in the field and why, recently, in
    tandem with the growth of formal training programs and the
    professionalization of the field, there has been an awakening of
    interest in chronicling the conservation profession. We welcome
    papers discussing various projects currently being undertaken as
    well as those dealing with broader philosophical issues.

Papers from non-members of the College Art Association are welcome.
The deadline for proposals is May 14, 1999. Please send 1-2 page
abstracts to:

    Rebecca Rushfield
    66-10-149th Street, Apt. 4C
    Flushing N.Y. 11367