Subject: Pigeon droppings

Pigeon droppings

From: Sue Rees <sue.rees>
Date: Friday, March 26, 1999
Does anyone know of any recent publications/articles on Pigeon
droppings and health hazards? Or has anyone had a similar problem.
As a conservator I am fully aware of the hazards of pigeon droppings
to collections and people and have had our local environmental
control people involved in the past. I have managed to get half of
the museum building pigeon proofed a few years ago but the other
half of the building is suffering badly as all that has happened is
that the pigeons have moved along (of course). In order to get
further commitment for the rest of the building to be done--and
urgently--I would like have more literature/case studies--the
scarier the better to back up my case.  Any suggestions gratefully
received.

Sue Rees, Dundee Arts & Heritage
Scotland

                  Distributed: Friday, March 26, 1999