Subject: Damage caused by silverfish

Damage caused by silverfish

From: Richard Mulholland <richard.mulholland>
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 1999
I am currently working on an early 19th century English picturesque
etching which has suffered quite serious silverfish damage around
the edges of the image. The grazing is considerably distracting to
the eye and it was decided that repair and toning of those areas
affected should take place if possible. I would like to know if
anyone has had experience in using pulp infill/leaf casting to
repair silverfish damage on paper, whether either leaf casting or
pulp would be effective and what alternatives might be available.

                  Distributed: Friday, March 26, 1999