Subject: Photographic documentation of daylight fluorescent media

Photographic documentation of daylight fluorescent media

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe>
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 1999
Margaret Holben Ellis <mhe1 [at] is2__nyu__edu> writes

>I would be interested in hearing of successful photographic methods
>of accurately reproducing daylight fluorescent media (DayGlo).

Sorry, No can do! The dyes that represent original colours in a
photograph can't possibly reproduce these colours. If you need to
document them before they fade, I would suggest getting a matching
colour swatch (this shouldn't be hard to do). Store the reference
swatches under the safest circumstances, as these colours ave very
fugitive. At least you'll know what you have lost.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems

                  Distributed: Friday, March 26, 1999