Subject: Archaeological water skin

Archaeological water skin

From: Cargill Jeff <jcargill>
Date: Monday, March 22, 1999
Marina Rassovsky <consob [at] imj__org__il> writes

>We are looking for suggestions regarding an archaeological water
>skin found next to Masada in the 1930's. The skin dates to
>approximately 70 A.D.

Having just read your item I thought that The Leather Conservation
Centre, University College Campus, Boughton Green Road, Northampton,
England, NN2 7AN, may be worth contacting. Our regional Conservators
group had a meeting there last week and found the staff friendly,
informal and very knowledgeable. They don't appear to have E-Mail
but they do have fax +44 1604 719649

Jeff Cargill
Archives Conservator
Buckinghamshire Record Office