Subject: Steam cleaners

Steam cleaners

From: Helena Strandberg <strand>
Date: Friday, February 26, 1999
Naomi Kroll <Naomi_Kroll [at] nps__gov> writes

>We recently purchased a portable steam cleaner for cleaning stone
>relief panels. It is made by the Belgian company Eitan, and is
>marketed for use in the jewelry industry.  After about a week of use
>with distilled water only it started emitting rust and unidentified
>sludge along with the steam.
>Has anyone had similar problems with portable steam cleaners, and if
>so, with which brands?

We had the same problem with a steam cleaner emitting large amounts
of rust in the Vigeland Park in Norway. We observed the rust the
second sommer in use. The company finally admitted that the heater
was not made of stainless steel and changed the heater for our
requirements. Unfortunately, the steamer was stolen shortly
afterwards. The steamer was a Danish brand KEW (1540H/HA).

Helena Strandberg
Slottskogsgatan 55 B
414 70 Goteborg
Sweden