Subject: Kodak R3 Process

Kodak R3 Process

From: Isabelle Tokumaru <tokumaru>
Date: Thursday, February 18, 1999
Jonathan Farley <j.farley [at] rbgkew__org__uk> writes

>Our photographic department is intending to replace their Cibachrome
>system within the next year, and are considering moving to a process
>by Kodak called "R3". Can anyone give any indication as to the
>archival stability of this process.

After forwarding his query to colleagues, I received this reply from
Steve Watson, photographer for the Amon Carter Museum:

   "I spoke with our local Ilford tech rep last week, and he said
    that Ilfochrome (formerly Cibachrome) is the only dye
    destruction print material on the market. Kodak R3 and
    Fujichrome are reversal dye coupler materials, therefore not as
    stable as Ilfochrome. But he was unsure about how different
    their storage characteristics might be."

Isabelle Tokumaru
Kimbell Art Museum

                 Distributed: Friday, February 19, 1999