Subject: Aluminium barrier foils

Aluminium barrier foils

From: George R. Leake III <taliesin>
Date: Wednesday, February 10, 1999
Martina Griesser <martina.griesser [at] khm__at> writes

>...To prevent the objects from further
>corrosion the conservator and I discussed the possibility of
>applying barrier foils between the metal boards and the objects.
>Unfortunately we do not know any further details about either
>suppliers of such barrier foils (especially suppliers within Europe)
>or crucial properties of the foils one has to look at. Therefore any
>information about your experience using such barrier foils as well
>as supplier information would be very helpful.

We usually buy foils for Oddy Tests from Aldrich Chemical
Company--office in Vienna: 43-1-605-8110.

Americans interested in buying foil for Oddy Tests should call their
regular Customer Service number, 800-558-9160.

G. Leake
Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center
Conservation Dept.
UT Austin

                Distributed: Thursday, February 11, 1999