Subject: Pharmaceuticals

Pharmaceuticals

From: Alan J. Hawk <hawk>
Date: Friday, February 5, 1999
The museum where I work has a very small collection of
pharmaceuticals that happen to be covered by the controlled
substances act.  We have been presented with two choices, discard or
encase in acrylic.  Does anybody have experience with preserving of
pills in acrylic?  Are there any kinds that are better or worse to
use?  If I encased pills in a bottle or vial in resin, would there
be an adverse impact on the glass or plastic vial?

Alan Hawk, Historical Collections Manager
National Museum of Health and Medicine
Armed Forces Institute of Pathology

                 Distributed: Tuesday, February 9, 1999