Subject: Pewter

Pewter

From: Norman Heckenberg <heckenbe>
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 1999
I would like some advice on treatment of early twentieth century
pewter objects such as Liberty Tudric. These, a clock and a bowl
with coloured transparent enamel, are now dull and dark but were
presumably originally shiny. I further presume that they were
expected to be polished weekly by the maid until they disappeared.
How might they be shined AND preserved?

Norman Heckenberg
Physics Department, The University of Queensland,
Brisbane 4072, Australia.
+61 7 3365 3369
Fax: +61 7 3365 1242

                Distributed: Thursday, February 4, 1999