Subject: Anoxic treatment

Anoxic treatment

From: Siew Wah Lee <siew_wah_l>
Date: Saturday, January 30, 1999
I have some drawings with severe mold growth on them. In one, there
is green mold on the glazing and support. I would like them to
undergo anoxic treatment as a precautions for they are stored in
improper storage conditions where catching an insect infestation is
high. I would like to know if the nitrogen gas for the anoxic
treatment would support mold growth since some fertilizers contains
a high nitrogen content.

Siew Wah Lee
Assistant Conservator
National Heritage Board, Singapore