Subject: Groomstick

Groomstick

From: Sarah Anne Moy <tcrnsam>
Date: Thursday, January 28, 1999
Several conservation laboratories I have worked in store their
Groomstick in the refrigerator. The product literature does not
suggest this as a means to store the kneadable natural modified
rubber. I have contacted the manufacturer, Picreator Enterprises
Ltd., and they suggested that Groomstick should be stored at room
temperature. The idea of storing it in the refrigerator seemed more
than a bit strange to them. Additionally, according to the
manufacturer, Groomstick has an "unlimited shelf life."

Does anyone know why Groomstick is stored in the refrigerator? And
has any had any experience with it developing a yellowish/brown ring
after a long period of storage? Any thoughts would be greatly
appreciated.

Sara Moy
Conservation Student
Institute of Archaeology, UCL