Subject: Suction table

Suction table

From: Soren Ibsen <soren.ibsen>
Date: Thursday, January 21, 1999
Masami Sakamoto <sakamoto [at] tnm__go__jp>, on behalf of
Kimio Kawaguchi writes

>    We are seeking for a vacuum suction table for paper objects. So
>    far we gathered some Information from some suppliers: Belo, PH
>    conservation engineering DK, Preservation Equipment Ltd..

I have purchased a suction table from Per Laursen in Denmark in
size: 120 x 200 cm for about US$ 6.000. On request he make them in
different sizes from about US$ 3.000.  The table is ideal for
supporting backing-materials for maps and papers in all sizes, and
could also be used in connection with a leaf-casting machine.

The suction table is built in plastic.  Organic solvents can't be
used, only water in moderated quantity will work very well.  The
motor-unit is an industrial water-vacuum-cleaner who is built into
another table and connected to the suction table with a hose. If you
want to avoid the noise, it is possible to have the motor in a
separate room.

Interested can contact:

    Per M. Laursen, who also built leaf-casting machines.
    Ny Strandvej 97
    DK-3050  Humlebaek
    Denmark
    +45 4919 1449