Subject: Suction table

Suction table

From: Masami Sakamoto <sakamoto>
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 1999
This is an enquiry on behalf of Kimio Kawaguchi, who is a conservator
at National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo.

    We are seeking for a vacuum suction table for paper objects. So
    far we gathered some Information from some suppliers: Belo, PH
    conservation engineering DK, Preservation Equipment Ltd.. Could
    anyone who actually use these products provide us with some
    Information on practical use--advantages and disadvantages?  We
    would also like to know if there are other products available.
    Ideally, It should have an even air flow over the total work
    surface and good (safe) capabilities for organic solvents
    (alcohol, acetone, etc.) with less noise from the motors.
    Additionally we are Interested In a air filtering system for the
    cold suction table. Thank you,

    Masami Sakamoto
    paper conservator
    +81 4 30 2 325
    Kamimeguro, Meguro-ku
    Tokyo 153-0051
    Japan

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 20, 1999