Subject: Herpetological collection

Herpetological collection

From: Roberta Salmaso <rsalmaso>
Date: Monday, January 18, 1999
In our museum there is an old Herpetological collection (1850-1900)
preserved in formalin. For health safety we would like to substitute
formalin with 70% alcohol. Anyone knows if this change could damage
the specimens? In a few jars formalin is completely gone and the
specimen seems to be dessicated: what is the best way to re-hydrate
it? Thank you for your kind cooperation,

Roberta Salmaso
Museo Civico di Storia Naturale
Lungadige Porta Vittoria 9
37129 Verona
+39 45 8079417
+39 45 8079400
Fax: +39 45 8035639

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 20, 1999