Subject: Survey on documentation of 20th century art

Survey on documentation of 20th century art

From: Karine Corbier <eric_trung>
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999
    author.

In preparation of moving a registered collection of art of the
second half of the 20th century from a private collector site into a
community museum for a period of twenty years, we are collecting and
searching registering and condition report systems and forms for the
artworks. The particularity of the situation is to be able to
establish at the end of this period, the differences between
"natural" degradations (in a controlled environment) and damages
occurred by inappropriate handling, storage and maintenance,
accidents and/or vandalism. Having found little information in the
literature beside the dutch approach proposal, presented during the
"modern art: who cares" conference in september 1997. We hope to
find more helpful information, using this great forum, and we will
be grateful for all information you might be willing to provide us.

If you would be prepared to answer our questionnaire, please let us
know by email <eric_trung [at] hotmail__com>, and we will be glad
to mail it to you.

Hans-Christoph von Imhoff, Educator
Karine Corbier, Student
Conservation Taining Program