Subject: Exhaust systems

Exhaust systems

From: Dale Kronkright <dkronkri>
Date: Friday, January 15, 1999
charcoal trap systems,  I have tested PlymoVent recirculating
systems and found them to perform very well.  PlymoVent is a name
well known in industry. They make articulated arm exhaust systems
similar to the "Neederman" systems familiar to most conservators.
What sets PlymoVent a little bit apart is that they also make
portable and free standing re-circulating systems, some that treat
entire rooms and others that are meant to be essentially individual
bench-top. They have units that mount outside a building, others
that wall mount inside a room, and still others that roll around the
floor.

In my private practice, I have used their TK400 portable unit which,
about the size of a large vacuum cleaner, is much quieter and draws
190 CFM.  Very nice for a single worker.  PlymoVent supplied the new
Getty labs with their articulated arms, I believe.  Ken Lapin is the
Western Regional Manager in Sacramento, CA 916-689-8930.  The
factory is in Edison, NJ 908-417-0808.  Their catalog contains
technical spec's for all their units.  Might be worth a call.

                 Distributed: Friday, January 15, 1999