Subject: Leather

Leather

From: James Lane <jlane>
Date: Wednesday, January 6, 1999
I would like to hear form librarians who have leather bound books,
especially law books, where the leather is deteriorating to the
point that it comes off as a powder when handled.  How are you
making them useable? We are observing that people handling these
items are having reactions to the leather dust.

James Lane
Associate Librarian (Preservation)
New York State Library
Albany, NY  12230