Subject: Silver tarnish

Silver tarnish

From: Dominique Cocuzza <domi>
Date: Wednesday, January 6, 1999
My institution, New York Historical Society, is planning a new
visible storage facility.  The collection includes 3,000 silver
hollowware objects, nearly all of which will be on view.  As these
objects are not lacquered and will be stored on birch veneer
(medite) plywood, I would like to know other institutions'
experiences in preventing tarnish.  How do I calculate the rate of
filtered air exchange?

                 Distributed: Tuesday, January 12, 1999