Subject: Contributions for Cuban institutions

Contributions for Cuban institutions

From: Jeanne Drewes <jdrewes>
Date: Monday, December 21, 1998
The Los Angles Times carried a story today about  U.S. Cuban ties
between scientists that refer to the shipment of donations sent
earlier this month.  That shipment is the one that carried the
donations for libraries and archives gathered through the posting on
this list and several others some months ago.  Through the
assistance and donations of countless people and organizations
nearly $10,000 worth of conservation materials were packaged and
sent in that shipment.  Many thanks to all the people who donated
materials, money, time and space so that the conservators in Cuban
can have good quality materials to help them in their efforts to
save the documents of that country.  The many people are too
numerous to name, but please accept my heartfelt thanks for all your
contributions to this project that began over a year ago when I met
with the director of the Cuban National Archives.

Jeanne Drewes
Head, Preservation Department
MSE Library
Johns Hopkins University