Subject: Volatile corrosion inhibitors

Volatile corrosion inhibitors

From: Curtiss Peterson <pete<-a>
Date: Monday, December 22, 1997
Janet E. Reinhold <jhreinhold<-a t->prodigy< . >com> writes

>I have a current project in which some police firearms (and other
>stuff such as Tazers and ammo!) are going into a time capsule
>(stainless steel, to be welded closed).

In my experience the temperatures and gases involved in welding have
considerable effect on materials in a small sealed container.  In
researching this subject you might wish to  investigate the effects
of welding the time capsule closed with the contents inside

Curtiss Peterson
The Rescue Company
Box 88
Rescue, Virginia 23424