Subject: Mold and radiation

Mold and radiation

From: Ellen McCrady <abbeypub<-a>
Date: Tuesday, December 16, 1997
I found some references in my files relating to the effect of
microwave and gamma radiation on mold.  From the 1989 issue of the
Russian journal Theory and Practice of the Preservation of Library
Materials: "Effect of Microwaves on Bacteria, Yeasts and Plants,"
by L.E. Cergreeba, p. 141-155.  All in Russian.

>From the bibliography of this paper:  Grundler, W. et al.
"Resonant-like dependence of yeast growth rate of microwave
frequencies."  Brit. J. Cancer, Suppl. 5, N 206, p. 1-4.

"The Applicability of Gamma Radiation to the Control of Fungi in
Naturally Contaminated Paper," by Maria Guiomar C. Tomazello & F. M.
Wiendl. Restaurator 1995, 16, 93-99.

Josef Hanus and Edith Hofenk DeGraaff have also published on this,
separately.  They did not limit their research to mold, but covered
the effect of gamma radiation.

Ellen McCrady, Editor
Abbey Publications
7105 Geneva Dr.
Austin, TX 78723
512-929-3992
Fax:  512-929-3995

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 17, 1997