Subject: Preparing books for transport

Preparing books for transport

From: Rolf Kat <ccaha<-a>
Date: Thursday, December 11, 1997
I am interested in any experiences with designing and making a book
carrying case for transporting a book on an airplane to Europe. What
were your specifications, construction materials, areas of concern
and costs. The book in question is 15" x 10" x 4" with vellum pages.

Feel free to call and speak with me directly about your experiences.

Rolf Kat
Senior Conservator
Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts
264 South 23rd Street
Philadelphia,  PA  19103   USA
215-545-0613
Fax: 215-735-9313